Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Autumn Splendor

I've fallen in love with thread, again.
I joined a group on Facebook called Threadies.
People post pictures
of their finished items.
Some of the doilies are MAGNIFICENT.
One of the women is making,
and joining, white sewing thread.
I am thinking it will either be a tablecloth
or a bedspread.
Either way, it will be gorgeous.

Someone posted a Latvian Leaf Challenge
for November.
They also posted the Chestnut Leaf pattern
for those who didn't have the Latvian Leaf pattern.


As you can see, I loved the pattern.
The Dark Green one is the Chestnut leaf.
The Warm Tan is the Latvian Leaf
but it is done with dc instead of tr.
It is more solid than the larger Latvians.

The smaller leaves are from 
Linda Perlam's Autumn Leaf Pattern.

When I wanted to take a picture
this is what I came up with.
Then it dawned on me
that they would make a great table runner.
I didn't join them . . . 
it would be to hard to wash and block them
as a runner.
Also, 
now I can change the color combo 
and add  more leaves as time permits.

Now I want to find this pattern . . . 
designed by Caitlin Sainio
They would look great in this arrangement.






3 comments:

  1. Hi Paula, is this the pattern you are looking for?
    http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/crochet-maple-autumn-leaf
    I hope this helps
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can find the pattern for the last maple leaf here. . . .

    This is pattern #96 in the book “100 Lace Flowers to Crochet.” Instructions on page 109. Featured on page 27 of the Showcase.

    Finished height: 3-1/8 inches (79 mm)
    Thread required: 9 yards (8.2 m)

    If you're on Ravelry they have a load of crocheted Maple leaf patterns. Some are free. See here...
    http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search#craft=crochet&query=maple%20leaf&view=captioned_thumbs&sort=best

    Hope this helps

    All pattern samples in this book are made with size 10 thread and a size 5 (1.9mm) crochet hook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you leaves, they look good and wonderful colours

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post.