Pages

Monday, February 9, 2015

Hockey Skates

Went into the gym Friday . . first time in 2 weeks due to the snow we've had.

As soon as I get in the door, Carol, the receptionist/jack of all trades said, "Someone wants to see you" and drags me into the doctors office next door.

Julie, in billing, is pregnant for a girl (3 boys at home and they are thrilled.) Her husband had sent her a message with a picture of a baby with some "yarn-y"  hockey skates on. She had asked Carol if she could make them for her. Carol told her they are crocheted and she knew just the person to do it." 

That had been two weeks ago and we never showed back up . . . LOLOL

I looked for the pattern. Found it and it was for sale. Being cheap, I figured I could "figure" it out.


What do you think? I know I need longer ties, but I am pretty happy with the outcome.

She wants them as a surprise for her husband. The whole family are hockey nuts. Her three boys play hockey and they have season tickets to the local NHL team, the Buffalo Sabres. 

I think, when I am finished with the skates, I'll make her a baby hat and put one of the Sabres logos on it as a gift from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post.