Pages

Friday, January 2, 2015

Braided Cowls

I know, I know . . this is too early to be thinking of Christmas 2015, but having taught school for 34 years (and having gone to school for kindergarten, elementary, junior high and  high school for 13 more years and add in college for 4 more years) and regular schooling for 17 years for a total of 51 years. I don't think i will ever get  over the fact that I have more time than just evenings and vacations to work on Christmas projects.

For Y*E*A*R*S I would start my presents for the following year over Christmas vacation and normally have two or three finished before Christmas break was over. So, basically, I am on the same schedule as I have been for 38 years . . . before I went to college, I wasn't too crafty :(

I have noticed braided cowls have been popular this last year. "Please, Oh Please stay popular until Christmas 2015" I am thinking. Here is a photo of why.




I made the one on the left for my nephews' wife who teaches high school English. Their school colors are red and black. 


The one on the right is for my youngest niece. She likes greens and browns.


The COOLEST thing about them is not only are they buttoned together BUT they can be unbuttoned and two can be buttoned end to end to make a longer cowl! I love the fact that they will get more than one present in these cowls.





The pattern is available in my Ravelry Store for $2.00
Just click on the link below.



All proceeds from this pattern will be donated 
to a no-kill dog and cat maternity  shelter in Western New York 
or a no kill dog shelter in my home state of Indiana. 

The Fur~Babies and I thank you for your purchase

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen these, Paula! I guess I'm out of touch with what's popular. These are really cool! Love the ones you've made so far. I'm still really into the thread right now. Take care and stay warm! I hear y'all are going to get some really cold stuff over the next few days. We are too (at least for here).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post.