Easy Peasy, Throw Together Breakfast/Dessert
I first saw this recipe on Facebook. It was from a page called "Oh So Shabby by Debbie Reynolds." ( I have linked to her general recipe page . . pure decadence!) I saw so many postings form this page, through friends who shared them, that I became a follower. Most of the recipes involve more steps than I care to do . . like more than two or three . . . but when I saw this one, I knew it was a keeper.
I have had the cream cheese and crescent rolls for some time, just too lazy to get out the mixer for the filling . . finally did it last night! The husband says we need to go to the "CLUB" store and buy a brick of cream cheese and a box of crescent rolls so we will be ready for this AT ALL TIMES!
|Check out the "flaky" crescent roll crust.|
I used Wal Mart's brand on the bottom layer
and a generic store brand for the top.
So this can be made VERY CHEAPLY!
2 Cans Ready To Use Refrigerated Crescent Rolls
2 Eight Ounce pkgs Cream Cheese - softened (light cream cheese works)
1 C Sugar (I used 1/2 C Domino Light with Stevia)
1 tsp Vanilla
1 Egg White (for egg wash)
1/2 C Powdered Sugar
2 T Milk
1/2 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Lay 1 pkg of the crescent rolls in the pan, pinching the edges together. You may need to "play" with the dough to make it reach the sides of the dish.)
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and egg together until smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the crescent rolls evenly and top with the second pkg of crescent rolls. (I placed the top layer of rolls in the opposite direction of the lower layer, hoping that will make it hold together better.)
- Top with glaze after cooling for at least 20 minutes.
NOTE: The amount of filling in this recipe is rather thick and makes a "healthy" cheese danish. You can halve the amount of cream cheese, sugar and vanilla and reduce the baking time to 30 - 35 minutes.
We cut our pieces from edge to the middle join . . . 8 slices per four crescent rolls . . . just enough to make you want more! LOLOL But, this way, you get 16 servings.
|Servings Per Recipe: 16|
| Serving Size: 1 serving|
Amount Per Serving
|Total Fat||25.4 g|
|Saturated Fat||9.2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||2.6 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||34.1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.5 g|
|Vitamin A||8.8 %|
|Vitamin B-12||2.5 %|
|Vitamin B-6||1.0 %|
|Vitamin C||0.0 %|
|Vitamin D||0.9 %|
|Vitamin E||1.3 %|
|Pantothenic Acid||0.8 %|