½ C Vegetable Oil
½ C Shortening
1 C Honey
3 ¾ C White Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Cream of Tartar
1 tsp Cinnamon
½ C Cornmeal
1. Mix oil, shortening and honey until smooth
2. Add eggs, beat well.
3. Blend in flour, baking soda and cream of tartar.
4. Shape into balls (1 tsp size).
5. Mix cornmeal and cinnamon in a bowl, roll balls in the mixture.
6. Place 2” apart on a greased cookie sheet. Press down like you would Peanut Butter Cookies.
7. Bake 8 min at 400°.
8. Cool on rack
Can Do Ahead
Makes 36 (+/-)
Dog Bone Biscuits
2 C Whole Wheat , or All Purpose Flour
2 C Cornmeal
1 C Parmesan Cheese (grated)
¾ C ANY OF THE FOLLOWING or A COMBINATION OF THEM:
Vegetable Oil, Meat Fat. Bacon Fat, Oil from a Can of Tuna
½ C Water or Broth (Beef, Chicken or Vegetable)
1. Preheat oven to 300°.
2. Combine flour, cornmeal and cheese.
3. Stir in oil until mixture is crumbly.
4. Stir in water.
5. Roll dough on a lightly floured surface to ½” thickness.
6. Cut into shapes with cookie cutters or random shapes with a knife.
7. Bake on ungreased cookie sheets for 45 minutes.
8. Store covered in the refrigerator.
For Harder Biscuits: .
1. Omit Oil and Fat.
2. Increase water to 1C
3. Stir in 1 Egg.
4. Leave biscuits in turned off oven until cool.
Makes 24 (+/-)
MUST Store in Covered Container in Refrigerator.