Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Maria's Crown Edging

Maria was a neighbor to my parents from the day she was born until she went to college.
I watched her, and her younger sister, Sarah, grow up and leave the nest to have husbands and homes of their own.
This past month I received an email from Sue, Maria’s mother, telling me that after 6 years of trying, Maria and her husband are expecting a baby boy.
I just LOVE the way this pattern curves with the corner.

After Maria told her mother the news she said, “But Mom, I don’t know anything abut boys.”
Her mother’s response, “In the near future you will learn.”
Once a "foundation" rounds has been added, a second round is added.
When Maria and Sarah were born, I designed and made cross stitched samplers for both of them. Since my eyes are no longer good enough for making a new sampler, I will crochet several items for this new addition to our extended neighborhood family. Each item will be designed specially for him.

And finally, the third round is added . . .
doesn't this round look like little crowns?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
This pattern includes a photo tutorial on adding a crochet “foundation” to an unfinished receiving blanket/piece of cotton flannel. This way, you will not have to find a pre-finished blanket to add this edging to.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

If you would like to buy the pattern, it is available for $ 2.99 in my Ravelry Store, "The Fur~Babies Momma." 

***100% of the purchase price for the pattern goes 
to no-kill animal shelters in Western New York
 and in my home state of Indiana.***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post.